from my state – literally and figuratively – and other places. i'm not in florida any more, but i haven't given up the sunshine.

6.30.2005

little light show

one of my fondest memories as a child is when mammy - my grandmother – would poke holes in the top of a mason jar and take me outside to collect fireflies. i’d fill the jar with the little packets of flying light. we set them next to the bed and i'd watch them flicker until i fell asleep.

tonight – while i was standing among a few small trees in the middle of washington, dc - fireflies were dancing in the rain.


happy birthday to me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dirty Pop said...

that is quite possibly one of the sweetest things i have ever heard (read)

Happy Thirty Baby :)

6/30/2005 08:28:00 AM

 
Blogger Cindy said...

I have very similar fire fly experiences, though not quite so magical as yours, at my grandparents home in NE Arkansas.

Happy Birthday!!!

6/30/2005 09:03:00 AM

 
Blogger Kiker said...

You deserve all of the dancing fireflies in the world.
Happy Birthday, best friend.

6/30/2005 10:44:00 AM

 
Anonymous amy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

6/30/2005 12:25:00 PM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

Happy Birthday! Maybe we'll see some more in Key West... :)

6/30/2005 12:44:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home