from my state – literally and figuratively – and other places. i'm not in florida any more, but i haven't given up the sunshine.

6.16.2005

rude awakenings

when they said the paris air show is non-stop, they weren't kidding. after 12 hours at the show, there is a mad dash to the hotel to change into a dress and go to a media dinner. and of course at midnight, there's more work to be done to prepare for the next day. fortunately, the city has a lot of energy, and lates nights seem better when surrounded by such life and history.

the other day, when i finally poured myself into bed the tv was on to fill the dead air. around 3:30am i woke to the sound of a woman gasping and moaning in delight. in that stage between waking and dreaming - clearly not fully present - i thought, "that's right". but what could have been a great dream took a turn for the worse. when my eyes focused, i saw the tv. sure for some it's great that paris is such a free city, but waking out of a dead sleep to the sight of a woman perfofellatioelatio isn't my cup of tea. it's no wonder i missed the 5:30am wake up call.

i can't wait to leave tomorrow. and i can't wait to come back for a proper visit.

6 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Dang, what a letdown! I love your "That's right"--heh. Still, you're cool enough to say, "I've been to Paris," and even cooler sounding, "My company needed me in Paris last week." You're my idol now. Hey, I heard you were wrapping up your Eurotrip with a visit to Bonifay...hope to see you!! :)

6/17/2005 02:32:00 PM

 
Anonymous Cindy said...

Glad you had a "good" trip. I understand you would have much rather have shared a trip to Paris with your girl. We'll all be happy to have you return to our cultureless land. :-)

6/17/2005 04:20:00 PM

 
Blogger Kiker said...

Betsy has always been way too cool for school. ;) I NEVER get to go to Paris... *pout* For some reason, I feel a million times better just knowing you are back in the same country as me! (you know I have separation anxiety) Smooch a cow for me in Bonifay. Love you.

6/18/2005 07:59:00 PM

 
Blogger betsy said...

you girls are the best. checking my email/blog from over there and getting notes from you was such a treat.

amanda, sorry we missed you yesterday. it was a late start and a long drive. see you soon though ;)

pics of cows coming soon.

6/20/2005 07:18:00 AM

 
Blogger betsy said...

just noticed i apparently rushed through writing "performing fellatio". do you see the state i was in?!

6/20/2005 07:20:00 AM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

I thought maybe perfofelatioelacio was a French term for the same. Heh. :)

6/20/2005 02:21:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home