from my state – literally and figuratively – and other places. i'm not in florida any more, but i haven't given up the sunshine.

7.27.2005

sure signs women aren't running the world

1* the average allotment of sick days does not account for (roughly) 13 days of uterine revolt... it's pure cruelty to subject a woman to even greater discomfort on the first day of her menstrual cycle by making her wear decent - generally constricting - clothing, sit at a desk and play nice with co-workers. unless you’re going to equip my chair with a heating mechanism and a midol/st. john’s wort iv, it’s only right to let me spend the day in the comfort of my own home. seriously, i'll even work from home - at least there i can wear my jammies and whimper, cry or scowl as much as necessary. you’d be cranky too if your abdomen had a charlie horse all day.

2* bathroom stall signs reading "do not flush foreign objects" … listen, if it's good enough to chill inside my body for a couple of hours, it damn well better be more than good enough for the toilet. and really, if a commode can handle the load from a 300-lb man (post burrito) surely it can handle a piece of cotton.

check out vinnie's for a little topical fun

1 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

I am all for working in my jammies regardless of the day of the month.

7/28/2005 09:13:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home