from my state – literally and figuratively – and other places. i'm not in florida any more, but i haven't given up the sunshine.

11.18.2005

friday frivolity

speaking of holiday music and songs like, there’s a hole in the bucket, there are those songs that stick in your head and just won’t go away. earworms, if you will. so what happens when several such songs are evoked? which one wins out?

give me your best earworm example, and let’s just see. here’s one to get us started:

tom’s diner from suzanne vega – listen here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kiker said...

Oh I SO cannot believe you just did that to me!

Now I can't even get it out of my head to think of a song... GRRRR.

I'll get you back for this.

11/18/2005 09:33:00 AM

 
Blogger Cindy said...

the worst for me is "Yellow Submarine". It can hang on for days at a time

11/18/2005 01:34:00 PM

 
Blogger Lorem ipsum said...

I didn't even need to click on 'Tom's Diner' to get infected.

The one that will do it to me is the 5678's 'Woo Hoo.' You know, the one in the Vonage commercials. If it were around in Van Gogh's day, there would be no doubt as to why he cut off his ear. It is the most. annoying. song. ever.

12/03/2005 01:21:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home