from my state – literally and figuratively – and other places. i'm not in florida any more, but i haven't given up the sunshine.

11.07.2005

intimacy of travel

despite numerous trips via plane with complete strangers and business colleagues, travel is something of an intimate experience. particularly travel by car. since i am not a frequent greyhound rider, for me road trips bring out a side generally shared only with girlfriends and good friends. this morning i traversed three hours of the florida turnpike with my boss. he’s a pretty fun guy – not at all stuffy – but i still felt compelled to forego my usual car antics: banging on the steering wheel. singing without consideration for any auditory sensitivity of my fellow riders. rocking and/or bouncing beginning somewhere around the end of the first hour.

go on … tell us all about your bad travel habits.

6 Comments:

Blogger Miss Kris said...

I have iPod feedback for you!
Did you want to watch videos that you can purchase which is pretty much just TV shows at this time? If so, Tony loves his video iPod. He encodes movies to watch on it and the quality is really good. However, it's only easy to do that if you have a Mac.

If you don't need the video feature, I'd go with the Nano - it's replacing the Mini. It's so tiny & light and it's also really fun to share pictures on it.

If you are looking to only spend $100, the Shuffle works well. It's perfect for snowboarding since I have no need for a screen. It also seems really durable.

I see you next weekend! YAY!!!

11/07/2005 04:45:00 PM

 
Blogger Dirty Pop said...

I sometimes get a little gas on my stomach.

11/07/2005 10:32:00 PM

 
Blogger betsy said...

ahh... an ipod to make the singing even worse

and well ... now we all know how dirty pop got her nickname.

11/08/2005 08:08:00 AM

 
Blogger Miss Kris said...

iPods are great for car trips!

11/08/2005 02:50:00 PM

 
Anonymous ilisa said...

ipods rock...especially on flights overseas or cross country. Not much of a social butterfly while flying. I'd rather stare out the window and drive myself insane with thoughts of how tiny I feel up there!

11/09/2005 09:22:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck on the way back tonight -- i know how you are in the car. good luck to your boss! ;-)

-ang

11/10/2005 12:34:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home