from my state – literally and figuratively – and other places. i'm not in florida any more, but i haven't given up the sunshine.

1.17.2006

grand theft auto

my car was recently towed from my own home.

okay. so i live in an apartment complex, and no i wasn’t parked in my assigned spot. you see, the wildlife wrangler (no kidding) who’s assigned the spot next to mine isn’t capable of appropriately aligning his monstrosity between his own two lines. this left me, as it often does, with no space for my little civic to squeeze into my own spot. so i took another. *sigh*

say what you will about how this travesty could have been avoided, bottom line: i wasted 100 perfectly good dollars paying some a**holes to get my car out of jail. the whole experience just leaves a girl feeling violated.

(my apologies in advance if anyone reading has family/friends in the industry) what kind of person decides to run a towing company, anyway? it’s legalized theft. really. never mind that, working at a towing company can’t be fun. no one drives into the middle of nowhere or into the worst part of town. stands in front of a window (in this instance i couldn’t even see the guy). hands over their drivers license and car keys. shells out a wad of cash (that's a hUnDrEd FroStiEs!!). and says: thank you so much for taking my car on a little vacation.

on the other hand, it certainly could have been worse.

5 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

i have been SO out of touch with your blog lately. That SUCKS about your car--your neighbor needs a little note left on his truck, for sure! We missed you girls this weekend--i'm hoping sometime soon we can get the whole crew together for some more fun.

BTW--i've got to backtrack and catch up a bit. i'm dying to know what my stripper song is!!

1/17/2006 01:25:00 PM

 
Blogger Miss Kris said...

you should complain to your apartment managers!

1/17/2006 07:48:00 PM

 
Blogger Cindy said...

Why not have the big truck blocking your space towed? I am assuming this is not Lind's truck.

I doubt complaining to the managers will help since they probably get a piece of the pie from the towing company, otherwise they would just knock on your door and ask you to move your car.

I've had a similar experience when I was in college. It took a couple of days to actually find my where my car was being held hostage.

1/17/2006 08:06:00 PM

 
Blogger Kiker said...

Well, that is just the suck. Sorry that your poor little car was kidnapped.

Yeah, guy with monster truck needs to be flogged. Or at least given a stern talking to.

Btw, do you hear that? It is Tampa calling out to you.

1/18/2006 10:57:00 AM

 
Blogger betsy said...

trust me ... i had a not so nice little chat with apartment management. it was only more infuriating...

1/18/2006 02:05:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home