from my state – literally and figuratively – and other places. i'm not in florida any more, but i haven't given up the sunshine.

2.13.2006

the pout parade

there was a brief period of time when my girlfriend and i ran together. the distance was never long – about a mile – but it was in the hilly atlanta area and even half a mile was too much for my nonexistent endurance. a few blocks into the run, she’s turn back to check my status and i’d glare at her with looks that i imagined could pierce a thick steel wall. running. hurt. and because i couldn’t just be mad at myself for being so out of shape, i redirected my anger at her. needless to say, we didn’t run together for very long.

there is a small group of women in ft. lauderdale training for the ms ride in may (unlike others we’re grossly behind on the fundraising, but doing fairly well with training.) this weekend, our valiant team captain lead us on a 40 mile ride. i was skeptical at the start, but felt surprisingly good at the turn around point. that is until we started back, cycling into gale force winds. around mile 30, the cranky kicked. i looked at team captain and said, in no uncertain terms “i hAtE you right now.”

and i did. but when all was said and done, we all made it the full 40 miles. perhaps at a tortoise pace. but we made it nonetheless.

5 Comments:

Anonymous cocoa said...

I'll sponsor you for the ms ride. Are you going to post a link?

2/13/2006 04:34:00 PM

 
Blogger betsy said...

that's fantastic! thank you. i should have a link soon ...

2/14/2006 06:31:00 AM

 
Blogger Amy said...

Let me know if you need help with the link. Great job on the 40 miles.

2/14/2006 09:15:00 AM

 
Blogger Pout said...

Oh but the important thing is you loved me when it was over!

2/14/2006 09:51:00 AM

 
Blogger ilisa said...

I am super impressed. 40 miles!!! You go girls.

2/14/2006 10:17:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home