from my state – literally and figuratively – and other places. i'm not in florida any more, but i haven't given up the sunshine.

3.06.2006

even when it's not in your state

it's hard enough to get people motivated enough to vote in national elections once every four years, much less care at all about state politics.

but south dakota's new legislation making abortion a crime is just a stepping stone in what is likely a strategically-coordinated attempt for eventually overturning roe vs. wade. it's a prime example of why we need to be talking to each other, to the media and to our politicians at all levels.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

It's hard to know where to begin. One of my coworkers (a man, actually) is keeping track of how many Choose Life tags he sees, and plans on sending Planned Parenthood a quarter for each one at the end of the year.

3/08/2006 10:36:00 AM

 
Blogger Estelle said...

I have to wonder how many of those lawmakers have ever had an unwanted pregnancy.
I am totally anti abortion, but very much pro choice. I don't think it should happen and I couldn't do it unless my life was actually in danger, but I would never support any law making it illegal. They won't go away. There will just be more blood shed.

3/08/2006 06:39:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home