from my state – literally and figuratively – and other places. i'm not in florida any more, but i haven't given up the sunshine.

3.15.2006

first there’s romance, then come boogers and other things

apparently feeling a little like a 12-year-old boy today, i’m commandeering a booger conversation that started over at wander on monday. check the comments and you’ll see that last night it got personal.

the first year into my relationship, we kept all the ugly bodily functions hidden. in our case it was fairly easy because we only saw each other on weekends. but isn’t it this way for everyone?

later on the truth started to eek out. the first was a confession: she always stopped at a fast food joint on the way home because a: i didn’t feed her enough over the weekend; and b: she wouldn’t use the bathroom at my house. (seeing as she’s shared this with so many people herself, i’m clearly hoping she doesn’t get a sudden case of shyness today.) so we decided that on every first date, each person should just go ahead and admit that they poop. and that yes, sometimes it stinks.

in addition to “i poop” what other first date confessions should be standard protocol, just to get it out of the way? clearly any strange nose issues and related habits, but what else? and how would you answer the questions yourself?

9 Comments:

Blogger Kiker said...

Do you puposely fluff on or near people? (Fluff=fart, in other people's vocabulary)

Do your feet stink all the time?

How often do you burp?

(Not all of the above apply to Amy, by the way.)

3/15/2006 12:53:00 PM

 
Blogger betsy said...

well, yes but only because q2 applies to you. no wonder you opted not to answer. hee.

hm:
1. never. i walk away.
2. not that i know of
3. a lot, but i'm very very discreet

3/15/2006 02:36:00 PM

 
Blogger cocoa said...

Hi, I'm Christine, can I buy you a beer? Oh, and umm, just so you know, I poop. Is that going to be a problem?

Would Amy work this in before or after asking "Do you want to make out?"

3/16/2006 07:05:00 AM

 
Blogger Cindy said...

Relevent questions can be...

How many times do you wear your jeans before washing them...or you.

Does your Great Dane sleep in the bed with you?

Do you snore?

The last two could be perceived by some to be a pick up line coded for, "Can I sleep over?".

...now I know why you seem to walk away for no apparent reason, Betsy. :-)

3/16/2006 07:53:00 AM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

How about, "do you occasionally reach down your pants to make sure you aren't having a that-time-of-the-month crisis?" That's always a surprise. :)

3/16/2006 09:27:00 AM

 
Blogger betsy said...

i am constantly surprised at what brings on the comments.

amanda, yours takes the cake!

and looks like, cocoa's on to amy's game. heh. works for her, but i'm not sure it's hitch-approved ;)

3/16/2006 11:43:00 AM

 
Blogger Trista said...

How about:

Hi. I'm Trista. Oh, yeah, you probably figured that out from the rose I'm carrying. Well, anyway, nice to meet you. Did you have a hard time finding the place? Oh, by the way, I sometimes go for days without pooping, so you don't have to worry about any embarrasing odors coming from your bathroom when I stay the night (and you know you're going to want me to) but when I do poop it hurts so bad I cry like a little baby and then walk funny for hours. And I'm going to want to talk about it, and talk about how much it hurts, and occassionally I may even bring it up at parties and potlucks.

So, have you ever had the Buddah's Feast here?

3/16/2006 03:15:00 PM

 
Blogger cocoa said...

ha, good one amanda. something that had never occured to me until i met an ex who shall remain nameless.

3/16/2006 05:32:00 PM

 
Blogger Estelle said...

Hey, Kik told me that she poops on our very first date.
I poop too. But I also do not go to the bathroom, number one or number two, at anyone's house. I hold it until I am damn near floating away.
How about... I don't shower every day? And not always every other day either.

3/17/2006 10:40:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home