from my state – literally and figuratively – and other places. i'm not in florida any more, but i haven't given up the sunshine.

6.12.2006

long good-byes

someone asked why my posts have been so sparse… with the move, i’m too busy to research and put together a remotely intelligent statement on anything. i’ve sat down several times to write, only to realize that the only things i have to say are far more personal than sunshine generally is.

i’ve spent the past couple of weeks in a good-bye haze – gathering my belongings and preparing to move them to a new town; squeezing in as much time as i can with those i will no longer see regularly. there are people i simply can’t get enough of – even when we see each other every day. there are those i haven’t seen at all, or not nearly enough. and some who feel more like friends now, than before i said i was leaving. we’ve had the kind of moments that only come about under the pressure of needing to say things now, before the distance sets in. those last grasps at history in hopes of solidifying a future.

tomorrow, i fly to georgia to find a place to live. start a new job at the end of the week. return to fla to be with the movers while they load my things. and head off to my new home on sunday.

6 Comments:

Blogger cocoa said...

I didn't realize you were moving as well. Wow! You must be incredibly stressed out.

I hope all the changes are as smooth as possible and that you're happy with your new life. :)

6/12/2006 09:41:00 AM

 
Blogger Kiker said...

I will be thinking of you this week. As always, call whenever you want. I love you, best friend.

6/12/2006 01:49:00 PM

 
Blogger Miss Kris said...

Busy, busy! I've been thinking of you and hoping all is going well with the move. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you find a great place to live!

6/12/2006 01:52:00 PM

 
Blogger Cindy said...

Wishing you the best in everything and always. Here's to hoping that goodbyes are temporary...until the next visit. Take care.

I will miss you.

6/12/2006 06:50:00 PM

 
Blogger Sublime said...

I hope you have all the luck in the new job and in a new town, I will learn to wait for a new post and I can't wait to here how's the sunshine beyond Florida :)

6/13/2006 08:29:00 PM

 
Anonymous ilisa said...

I'm so sorry I didn't get to see you the other night before you left. Please call me next time you're in town. I miss you already!!

6/15/2006 07:44:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home