from my state – literally and figuratively – and other places. i'm not in florida any more, but i haven't given up the sunshine.

9.26.2006

ick doesn't even begin to describe it

some of you may already know about this weekend’s camping adventure. it was quite enjoyable: lots of qt by the fire; more stars than i’ve seen in a decade; a freezing dip at ichetucknee springs; a hike i thought might never end; even some wildlife sightings. and, of course, more good memories. that is, until this morning.

in the midst of my third shower since the camping experience i discovered two ticks attached to my body.

holy gag reflex.

seriously. these bulbous little creatures had their smarmy little heads buried – fortunately nowhere exciting, one behind my knee and one on my hip – in my skin, siphoning out molecules of blood.

parasites.

after making a phone call to squealingly share my misery and dismay with another human being, i thought i’d composed myself. but it’s early evening now and i’m still plagued with sensory hallucinations of more of those little pricks burrowing into my body.

i. may. never. go. camping. again.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Oooooh! I get serious creepy crawlers with ticks. Lived in the woods in Southern Indiana & the ticks would come a callin'. I would wake in the middle of the night with the feeling of something crawling up my stomach and start scratching and clawing.

Next camping trip...DEET! DEET! DEET! It will keep em off ya.

9/26/2006 08:44:00 PM

 
Blogger Miss Kris said...

ack! we don't have ticks out here, so you can camp out here w/o fear.

9/27/2006 02:42:00 AM

 
Blogger Sublime said...

Yikes!!! That's scarry, but don't give up camping for that, I wish I could do camping but let's face it, I have not much friends who would like to do that hahahaha.

10/05/2006 12:45:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home