from my state – literally and figuratively – and other places. i'm not in florida any more, but i haven't given up the sunshine.

10.31.2006

the problem with suspense

there's a problem with network tv shows that use suspense as a tool of engagement - the clock. (guess what i've been doing with my evenings.) suspect is close to being nabbed and all the watcher needs to do is look at the clock to know if this trick is going to do it. 30 minutes into an hour long show ... they'll probably fail and have to think of something else. this isn't an epiphany... we've all been doing it for years. i imagine my parents watching perry mason and watching the clock.

so why do we keep getting engrossed?

3 Comments:

Blogger cocoa said...

ha, how true. I find myself watching the clock with SVU all the time. If it's only quarter after then you can be sure they have the wrong suspect.

Not sure what keeps me watching. Probably Olivia. ;)

11/01/2006 12:02:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I glanced at the clock during House this week to see if the hunch diagnosis was the one. Siblings ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

11/02/2006 06:13:00 PM

 
Blogger betsy said...

see what i mean! i did the same thing... but i held out hope it wouldn't be true.

11/02/2006 08:01:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home